Welcome to Maui Stargazing!
Are you ready for Maui's ultimate science-based activity that is fun for all ages? Start with a breathtaking sunset at the 10,000 foot summit of Haleakala, Maui's dormant volcano, followed by a fascinating laser-guided tour of the constellations. As darkness settles, we observe the visible planets and deep sky objects of the Milky Way, including planets, nebulae and star clusters and the galaxies beyond through a 12-inch aperture Dobsonian telescope! Maui Stargazing supplies all the necessary warm clothing to keep guests comfortable throughout the stargazing session.
Your 2 Hour Tour Includes:
- Sunset at Haleakala Summit
- Expert astronomy guide
- Laser-guided survey of the constellations
- Largest portable telescope on Haleakala!
- 60 minutes of telescope time
- See more deep-sky objects than other astronomy tours
- Winter jackets, fleece hats and gloves
- Insulated snow pants in your size!
- Hot beverages and snacks
- Group size limited to 11 people
See the Most Deep Sky Objects through
the largest portable telescope on Haleakala!
WHY CHOOSE MAUI STARGAZING?
Science Based & Professional Staff
Observe the Most Deep Sky Objects
Largest Portable Telescope on Haleakala
Family friendly observing sites
Hot beverages and snacks
Warmest winter gear: snowboarding pants,
jackets, and polar fleece hats & gloves
in the widest array of sizes toddlers to 4-XL.
Where We Meet
We’ll meet at the Kula Lodge at 15200 Haleakala Hwy, Route 377 in Kula, approximately 2 hours before sunset. There, you’ll receive outerwear, an orientation on the evening's observing plan, and sign the National Park's waiver. Then you will follow the Maui Stargazing van in your vehicle to Haleakala summit for a spectacular tour.
Please note that we do not transport guests.
- No scuba diving within 24 hours of your tour to avoid decompression sickness. (It's okay to snorkel/swim)
- Dress warmly (long pants, fleece hoodie, closed shoes, thick socks)
- Eat a late lunch or early dinner
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Fuel up before reaching Kula
- We do not transport guests. You will follow the van to Haleakala Summit.
- Reserve as early as possible as tours fill up
- Wait for instruction before touching the telescope